The past few days have just been indescribably exhausting, but I think it’s on the upswing. Just on the surface area of everything, spending money excessively, like the Holidays usually requires, stresses me out beyond belief! I’m a saver, what can I say?
In other news, I woke up to a notification this morning by the wonderful Dan McCullough letting me know he nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award! Thanks Dan!! What a neat idea! I copied this from his blog over at Budget Cooking:
The nomination is a pay-it-forward type recognition in which select bloggers are asked to nominate 15 fellow bloggers who not only write a fun and entertaining blogs, but have been supportive and helpful to their fellow bloggers.
When a blogger receives the nomination, they are requested to:
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers.
- Inform the bloggers of their nomination.
- Share 7 random things about yourself.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Add the Versatile Blog Award logo on your blog post.Here are my 15 blogs that I am nominating for the Versatile Blogger award! They are in no particular order, but I love reading them all and look forward to reading them every day! If you stop by their sites, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
7 Fun Facts: (read: I am making no guarantees that any of these facts will actually be fun.)
1. I am 4 feet 9 inches tall- fun-sized fun fact!
2. I am a Michael Jordan Fanatic. Seeing video of him or watching old Bulls games makes me cry.
3. I sleep with my pit bull Bowzer every night that I am home.
4. Spanish was my first language.
5. I would rather camp, fish, and hike any day rather than shop and live in a lap of luxury. Money really is the root of all evil- so is facebook.
6. My parents are two of my best friends.
7. Here’s a true story for you, just in time for Christmas: I’m adopted! Almost 22 years ago, on December 24, I was found on a doorstep by a couple who was not expecting me; they knew no one who was pregnant and they did not want a baby. They heard me crying outside their door, they found me wearing nothing but an adult-sized t-shirt and I was still unwashed from being born. They brought me to the hospital and there I stayed for a few weeks until I was healthy. I was in the foster care system for a few additional weeks and in late January, my parents adopted me. December 22nd is believed to be my birthday based on how my skin, gums, and hair was developed by the time I was brought to the hospital. My birthday has a very different meaning to me than most people feel about their own birthdays. Christmas Eve is also a weird day for me- I never talk about it, and that’s fine. I’m not ashamed or embarrassed- I love my story and my humble beginning! I was adopted into the BEST family I ever could have asked for, and my mom and dad are the best parents out there- seriously. My life could have been so different- but I ended up right where I was supposed to- my life is beautiful and perfect- albeit stressful, but I wouldn’t change it for the world. =)